The iugram service
We agree to provide you with the iugram Service. The Service includes the iugram products, features, applications, services, technologies and software that we provide to advance iugram's mission: To connect you with the people and things you care about most. The Service is made up of the following aspects:
- Offering personalised opportunities to create, connect, communicate, discover and share.
- Creating a welcoming, all-embracing, and secure space. We build and utilize tools, providing resources to our community members to ensure their experiences are positive and inclusive, even when assistance may be required. Additionally, we maintain teams and systems to address abuse, violations of our rules, and harmful behavior, using all available public information, including yours, to safeguard our platform.
- Developing and employing technologies to ensure consistent service to our expanding community is integral to our mission. The organization and analysis of data for our growing user base are foundational aspects of our service. A substantial component of our service entails the utilization of cutting-edge technologies to personalize, safeguard, and enhance our offerings on a global scale for a diverse and extensive user community. Utilizing technologies such as artificial intelligence and machine learning empowers the application of intricate processes across our service. Automated systems also play a crucial role in upholding the functionality and integrity of our service.
- To ensure access to our service, your data may need to be stored and transferred globally, possibly beyond your home country. Utilizing this global infrastructure is essential for effectively providing our service.
- Conduct research and innovation activities to improve our service and benefit our community, using the available information.
The Data Policy
Providing our Service requires collecting and using your information. The Data Policy explains how we collect and use the information. It also explains the many ways in which you can control your information, including in the iugram privacy and security settings. You must agree to the Data Policy to use iugram.
In return for our commitment to provide the Service, we require you to make the below commitments to us.
Who can use iugram. We want our Service to be as open and inclusive as possible, but we also want it to be safe, secure and in accordance with the law. So, we need you to commit to a few restrictions in order to be part of the iugram community.
- You must be at least 13 years old or the minimum legal age in your country to use iugram.
- You must not be prohibited from receiving any aspect of our Service under applicable laws or engaging in payments-related Services if you are on an applicable denied party listing.
- We must not have previously disabled your account for violation of law or any of our policies.
- You must not be a convicted sex offender.
How you can't use iugram. Providing a safe and open Service for a broad community requires that we all do our part.
- You must not pretend to be someone else or share false information. While you're not required to reveal your identity on iugram, you must provide accurate and current information, including during registration, which may involve sharing personal details. You also can't pretend to be someone or something you're not, and you can't create an account for another person without their explicit consent.
- You must not engage in any illegal, deceptive, or fraudulent activities, or use the platform for unlawful or unauthorized purposes.
- You must not break these Terms or our rules, and that includes the iugram Community Guidelines. You also can't assist or encourage others to do so.
- You must not disrupt or harm the proper functioning of the Service. This includes not misusing any reporting, dispute, or appeals system by making false or baseless reports or appeals.
- You must not attempt to create accounts or gather information in ways we haven't approved. This means you can't use automation to create accounts or collect information without our clear permission.
- You must not sell, license, or buy any account or data acquired from us or our Service. This includes not trying to purchase, sell, or transfer any part of your account (such as your username), asking for or using other users' login details or badges, or requesting or obtaining iugram usernames, passwords, or access tokens inappropriately.
- You must not post private or confidential information about someone without their permission, and you must not do anything that infringes on someone else's rights, including intellectual property rights (such as copyright, trademark, or selling counterfeit goods). You can use someone else's work only if there are exceptions or limitations to copyright laws under applicable regulations. You also confirm that you own or have obtained all the required rights to the content you post or share.
- You must not alter, translate, make new versions of, or try to figure out how our products or their parts work through reverse-engineering.
- You must not use a domain name or URL in your username without our prior written consent.
Permissions you give to us. As part of our agreement, you also give us permissions that we need to provide the Service.
- We do not claim ownership of your content, but you grant us a licence to use it. Nothing is changing about your rights in your content. We do not claim ownership of your content that you post on or through the Service and you are free to share your content with anyone else, wherever you choose. However, we need certain legal permissions from you (known as a "licence") to provide the Service. When you share, post or upload content that is covered by intellectual property rights (such as photos or videos) on or in connection with our Service, you hereby grant to us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide licence to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate and create derivative works of your content (consistent with your privacy and application settings). This licence will end when your content is deleted from our systems. You can delete content individually or all at once by deleting your account.
- You agree that we can download and install updates to the Service on your device.
Additional rights we retain
- If you set a username or similar identifier for your account, we may change it if we believe it is appropriate or necessary (for example, if it infringe someone's intellectual property or pretends to be someone else).
- You can only use our intellectual property and trademarks or similar marks with our prior written permission.
- You must obtain written permission from us or under an open-source licence to modify, create derivative works of, decompile or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us.
Content removal and disabling or terminating your account
Content will not be deleted within 90 days of the account deletion or content deletion process beginning in the following situations:
- If we can't delete the data within 90 days due to technical limitations, we will do so as soon as it's technically possible.
- If deleting the data would hinder our ability to investigate or identify illegal activity or violations of our terms and policies (such as misuse of our products or systems).
- If deleting the data would limit our ability to protect the safety and security of our products, systems, and users.
- Comply with a legal obligation, such as the preservation of evidence.
- Comply with a request of a judicial or administrative authority, law enforcement or a government agency.
- If you delete or we disable your account, these Terms shall terminate as an agreement between you and us, but this section and the section below called "Our Agreement and What Happens if We Disagree" will still apply even after your account is terminated, disabled or deleted.
Our agreement and what happens if we disagree
- If any aspect of this agreement is unenforceable, the rest will remain in effect.
- Changes or exceptions to our agreement must be written and signed by us. If we don't enforce any part of this agreement, it doesn't mean we're giving up that right.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
Who has rights under this agreement.
- This agreement does not give rights to any third parties.
- You cannot transfer your rights or obligations under this agreement without our consent.
- Our rights and obligations can be assigned to others. For example, this could occur if our ownership changes (as in a merger, acquisition or sale of assets) or by law.
Who is responsible if something happens.
- Our Service is offered "as is," and we cannot assure its safety, security, or flawless performance at all times. We also want to clarify that, to the extent allowed by the law, we do not provide any guarantees, whether explicitly stated or implied, including warranties related to merchantability, fitness for a specific purpose, title, and non-infringement.
- We can't control people's actions, statements, or content, and we're not accountable for what they (or you) do, whether it's online or offline. We also have no responsibility for services and features provided by others or companies, even if you access them through our Service.
- Our liability for any events on the Service is limited to the extent allowed by the law. We can't anticipate all potential outcomes of issues with our Service. You agree that we won't be held responsible for any lost profits, revenues, data, or various types of damages (including consequential, special, indirect, exemplary, punitive, or incidental damages) related to these Terms, even if we are aware that such damages are possible. This also applies when we remove your content, information, or account.
Updating these Terms
We may update our Service and Policies, including these Terms. If you continue using the Service, you agree to the updated Terms. If you disagree with them, you can delete your account here.
Revised: 17 November 2023